Community Liaison Group Meetings

Minutes of the Community Liaison Group Meetings held by the Lady Bay Community Association may be found below.

27 July 2016

Present: Mos Enderby, Mel Enderby, Richard Mallender, Angela Kerr, PC Rob Archer, Nick, Venus, Claire Windebank, Sara Bull, Billy, Rohan, Cameron.

Cameron was introduced to the group and spoke about his experiences of homelessness and FHA .

Discussion about DWP systems and the experiences Service Users often have at places like Housing Aid.

Claire apologised for the issues with the alarms and assured all that these would be resolved . APS due out to look at what the problem may be. Claire thanked all for their understanding and patience with this issue.

Rohan talked about her experience of homelessness and FHA and shared her celebration of moving into her independent tenancy today.

Claire confirmed that office numbers would be distributed to all neighbours so they could contact the office if needed.

All agreed on new meeting date 07/09/16 to be held at church.

29 June 2016

Present : Mark (vicar), Mark Lambert, Sara Bull , Mos Enderby, Mel Enderby, Venus Otar, Rebecca Dalgarno, PCSO Sampson, PCSO Barker, Angela Kerr, Martina Bugden, Sue Thomas, Yvonne , Gemma

Previous minutes agreed.

Update

Framework are planning to have a presence at The Open Gardens Event – staff will be there planting and drinks and cakes will be available.

Fiona Boyd will be doing a walkabout session on 07/07/16 for Mark, Sara and Emily to meet key members of the Lady Bay Community.

Work has now commenced on the building. Feedback from the group :

Parking has been very difficult because of vans. SB and ML said they would ask for more consideration.

There have been skips on the road and this has caused problems for buses.

Some work was completed on a Saturday and was started at 07.35. This was on 26./06/16.

A person was seen on RD’s shed roof. RD expressed concern that this may not be seen and would have liked to have been asked before this happened.

RD feedback that the fence between 65/67 looks temporary, has a fair sized gap at bottom and is too far to the side of 67. Could this be resolved please?

The front wall of 69 has been knocked/taken down – is this intentional?

Is there going to be bike shed? No not a shed but there will be a place to lock up bikes. It has been confirmed that this will be to the rear of the property.

When will the building be painted ? TBC

Is there still going to be a smoking shelter – yes. Postion to be confirmed.

A conversation around the community getting backgrounds/histories of young [people took place. This included ethics, confidentiality and was decided this wouldn’t be something that could be considered. The group asked for case studies/success stories and ex service users coming to the next meeting. SB and ML said this could be arranged.

There is going to be an open day before Service Users move in – the local community will be invited. The next meeting could be in the evening of the open day, giving neighbours who work the opportunity to look around. Case studies could be provided at the open day.

Neighbours would like a list of local contacts eg duty manager, PCSO’s, numbers for the service etc. This will be provided.

Next meeting 27/07/16 @ 7.15 at 67 Trent Boulevard.

25 May 2016

Present: Claire Windebank (CW), Mark Lambert (ML) , Emily Baguley (EB), Sara Bull (SB), Sue Mallender (SM), Liz Emery(LE), Robin Archer(RA), Rebecca Morgan Jones(RMJ), Merilyn and Morris Enderby(ME), Angela Kerr(AK), Venus Otar(VO), Sue Thomas(ST), Andy Wallace(AW), Yvonne, Gemma .

Agenda – agreed last minutes – all agreed.

Community Engagement - Framework (FHA) had an informal presence at the Lady Bay Arts Festival. SB to send an email to LE.

Framework are hoping to get involved in The Open Gardens Event. Although the work has been delayed FHA would like to get involved by being there doing some planting so it is looking nicer. SM welcomed this .

CW asked if there were any Community Activfities FHA could get involved in. SM suggested:

Summer Festival at The Poppy and Pint.

Childrens Story Telling Event on 09/10/16

Street Party – The Lady Bay Pub – 12/06/16. 1.00 onwards.

Working party for FROTH first Sunday of the month 2-4.

Litter Picking - different groups take on different areas – perhaps FHA could take one on.

Different groups are responsible for the community planters – contact Susan Tiplady for further info.

There is a Friends of Bridgeford Working Party on 29/05/16 2-4

Yvonne suggested that there is Film Show at the Church – Sept – Mar. People could volunteer to help with that.

Fiona Boyd has offered to introduce FHA to key members of the community.

LE would like to meet young people and get a feel of what the space is like. – could an art activity take place use the service as a venue? CW said this could be considered.

LE said that volunteers were needed for next year’s Arts Festival.

LE would like an invite to the service to see it up and running.

Update on service

CW gave an update on the service.

Painting and decorating has started at the service with building work to commence 31/05/16. Unfortunately the completion date has been delayed to the end of July 2016.

CW asked for questions/worries:

ME – will the contractors be working weekends? We would prefer them not to . – CW to check .

SM – Are there going to be bike sheds? – CW to check with the development team around this.

CW – asked which colours the community would like the external brickwork to be? All chose a colour . CW to pass on.

What are Emergency Spaces? CW explained these are for young people needing a temporary reprieve from their home lives.

ME- Are they taking ending of the drive up? – No

CW- We will install some wood panelling around bins so not so unsightly.

SMJ – Is there going to be a gate between Mr Sulemans property and ours? CW to check this with the development team. There may be some specific arrangements around fire exits etc

SM – Signage – what will the signs look like/ FHA have made a commitment to not having a big sign.

VO – Fire drills – where will the fire safety points be? This needs to be discussed – perhaps in the pub. The Health and Safety Office r will deal with this.

Gemma – Could the fire safety point be in the church? This was thought to be a bit far perhaps but it could be considered. CW will clarify assembly points.

AW- What if the fire alarms go off ? They will be silenced quickly – staff are on site 24/7 365 days per year.

AK – Happy with the work being done to fence and car park at rear.

VO- When will the external cameras go in ? CW said the cameras will probably be last to go in.

RMJ – What about the frosting of the windows – is this still part of the plan? CW confirmed that yes it was, there will be a portion of the windows that are frosted. . There will also be blinds on windows.

VO – Will there be any comeback on neighbours who complain? CW said “no”. Complaints are kept general and won’t identify specific neighbours.

RMJ- What about what my children may hear from the car park? Bad language and music occasionally -please let us know. We will deal with any problems. Please come and speak to us, phone us, email us and we can get things resolved.

VO– Will gangs come to the service – No. There is no evidence to suggest this is a common occurrence. Gangs are far more likely to go to places where the police won’t be called – like people’s homes, not to staffed services. Gang related issues is not really associated with homelessness. More to do with family homes and post codes.

VO – How long will people live there? This will depend on their abilities and life situation.

Next meeting 29/06/16 7.15- 8.15 @ All Hallows Church. Yvonne offered to book the room.

19 April 2016

Present: Lisa Del Buono (Framework Housing Association), Claire Windebank (Framework Housing Association), Omied Hallam (Framework Housing Association volunteer coordinator ), Mark Rodel (All Hallows Church), Fiona Boyd (Greenies and Five Aside Football), PC Robert Archer, Liz Emery (Lady Bay Arts), Angela Kerr, Amy and Andy Wallis, Venus Otar, Mohammed Sulieman, Martina Bugden, Sue Thomas, Emily Keeble, Sue Mallender (RBC Councillor), Louise Beaumont-McGaw, Maurice Enderby.

Purpose of meeting:

Claire W outlined the purpose of establishing the community liaison group:-

1. To keep local stakeholders informed on the on- going progress of the service

2. As a forum where neighbours could raise concerns about the service

3. For existing members of the community to make suggestions of how the service can involve itself in the established community and partake in events

CW explained that a smaller group of stakeholders had been invited to the meeting as they were immediate neighbours and key community leaders. The remit of future meetings is different to that of previous consultation meetings held prior to the planning decision.

Complaints about the service following any incident should be made directly to the service at the time of the incident or as soon as appropriate, numbers will be circulated. There will be one manager and two assistant managers on site and will be introduced to the local community shortly.

Update on service so far:

Lisa DB read the grounds on which planning permission was granted. The works needing to be completed initially are:-

1. A meeting to look at the existing building plans needs to be had with Adam Jacobs and Claire W to identify what rooms will be used for what and to inform building works

2. BT line has been installed (for phones)

3. Our CCTV and fire safety contractor has visited the site and is preparing a specification for the necessary cameras, monitoring, detectors and alarms

4. An asbestos survey has been completed

5. A contractor is on standby to start works during May once the work has been agreed with architects

6. The works should be completed at the end of June/early July

Emily raised queries about the support that will be provided for young people and what they will be told before moving in. Claire W suggested to meet separately so that the service can be discussed in more detail. The length of stay and the turnover of young people was also raised as a concern. CW

2.

- the length of stay would be dependent on individual young people and how well developed their life skills are.

Angela raised concerns about what the parking area would look like, Claire W confirmed that no plans had been finalised but that she believed all partitioning fences between 67, 69 and 71 would be taken down, CW suggested that Angela/Claire meet separately.

Sue had raised the issue of whether the paint on the front of the buildings could be removed so the service does not stand out so much. CW said that she had explored this with the FHA property and development head and it might prove costly, a change of colour maybe less expensive. Signage at the front of the building will be discreet. Cameras will be small and positioned on the entrances of the service.

Louise raised the issue of the use of the building when the lifetime of the young people’s contract had passed. Lisa DB confirmed that a new planning application would have to be submitted for change of use if FHA wanted to use it to accommodate anybody other than young people.

Maurice wanted to know about police engagement, PC Rob Archer said that they would have a visible presence at the service and would call in informally.

Mr Sulieman was concerned that FHA were expecting a lot from the local community and that he was forced to be involved. CW explained that attendance at the meetings was voluntary, Mr Sulieman asserted that he did not want the service located on Trent Boulevard.

Omied explained that anybody from the local community who wished to volunteer should make contact with him and he would be able to induct people and ensure that their skills were utilised in the service.

Terms of Reference:

The group agreed that the name of the group would be ‘Community Liaison Group’

Future agendas would be split into 3 sections:- Community Engagement, Community Issues

and Progress Of The Service

All Hallows Church Lounge would be used as a venue

Future meetings should take place on a Wednesday evening 7-9pm

Minutes from previous meetings will be circulated prior to the next meeting.

Date of next meeting 25/5/16 7-9pm All Hallows Church Hall (Lounge)