Sanderson's map of the Hook, 1835, shows (bottom right-hand corner) that, in those days, this was all fields! In fact it looks like Lady Bay is almost as big, now, as Nottingham was then.
The second map shows a wider perspective, including the old course of the Trent. We can all speculate exactly where Burrows Hill farm used to be. Pity we are on the 'join' of two map sheets but isn't it always the way?